Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Nevermore

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
add it on goodreads


I'm still not quite finished with my re-reading of Nevermore to prepare for Enshadowed, so I'm giving you a teaser from here this week. You can read my review here.

I am shamelessly extending the two sentences thing this time...

"Read me something?" She heard herself say, as though someone else was speaking through her.
He hesitated. Then, after a moment, she felt him slide nearer, causing every one of her senses to become amplified. His shoulder brushed against hers, igniting a tremble that ran through the length of her, and she tried to hide her shaking hands by gripping the sides of the book. He began turning pages once more. She could feel the movement of each sheet with her entire frame, fist as it lifted, then as it settled on the other side.
At last he stopped, and she stared down at the printed column of words, unable to comprehend a single one. His hand, warm and steady, wound its way around hers, wrapping it like a spider would its prey. She surrendered it to him, unable to watch even as his thumb traced the place, just above her knuckles, where he had once written his number in deep violet. Isobel ceased to breathe. Her heart pounded in her chest, her thoughts shattering into senseless fragments. All the while, her eyes remained trained and unblinking on the open page. [...]
"Ulalume," he began, and the word itself, which he'd pronounced "You-la-loom," flowed from him like a string of notes.
[Creagh, page 290-291]

 *Sigh* I love Varen Nethers. I could have chosen so so many bits and pieces of this book. He is the guy I always wished I'd meet but never did. And to have a guy with his dark intensity settle beside me and read to me? Woah... But enough of my non-existent love-life :P

What are you reading and teasing us with this Tuesday? Leave a link in your comment :)

11 comments:

  1. I do wonder what Ulalume means, but thank you for breaking the 2 line rule! This was gorgeous! I really want to meet a guy who'll read to me! Thanks for sharing :) I'm following!
    My Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm swooning over here :) Great teaser!

    Mine is from Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr

    TT

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful teaser! I am so glad that I've got a copy of this ready to read. It looks like I'm gonna love it.

    My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've heard I really need to pick up this series, especially because I loved Masque of the Red Death so much, but never have I believed that more than with this teaser! :D

    Here's my teaser from Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this book! I have Enshadowed but haven't gotten to it yet. Varen does something for me for sure.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to read this one now! Thanks for stopping by my TT at YA Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book so much and this is one of my favorite parts! Thanks so much for stopping by our TT
    ( http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=10041 )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! That's a great teaser. Definitely got my attention. Like the cover too!!
    New Follower.
    If you would like to see my TT, please visit me @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog
    Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!
    So interesting - the book's in my tbr pile for a while now! Can't wait to read it :D
    Thanks for stopping by!
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete