Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Iron Queen, by Julie Kagawa

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: • Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


It's been a while since I did one of these... I currently shouldn't be reading so much and writing on my essay more, but this is just such a perfect opportunity to procrastinate! At the moment I'm finally catching up on Kagawa's Iron Fey series and I really like this book! I think it's the best one so far, and I love the interactions between Ash and Meghan. It just all reads so easily...


"On each side of the camp, massive bonfires were lit, roaring up like phoenixes in the night, as the armies of Summer and Winter danced and drank and sang the night away. I hung back from the main fires, avoiding the dancing and the drinking and the other acts going on in the shadows."
-page 160


For once, I even managed to limit myself to two sentences! I feel sort of proud. What do you guys think of my teaser? Have you read any books in the series? Click the cover to get to goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. You know, this is not in my normal reading vein but I keep hearing about it and being intrigued... yes, good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is one of my favorite series ever and this book was so great! Awesome tease!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this series. Kagawa really sucks me in to her stories. My teasers this week are from Aurelia by Anne Osterlund and Dying to Tell by Rita Herron. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...this IS the best book in the series. :) I liked The Iron Knight, but I liked this one best of all. I don't want to say why, but when you're done with the series, let's discuss. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just downloaded The Iron King, and am excited to dive in. I can't wait to devour this series!! My TT this week is from Angelfall.

    ReplyDelete