Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Bookish Memories

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week the participants post their top ten to a specific topic.

This week is all about our best bookish memories, be they related to reading or to specific events.


I find this sooo hard to determine! No particular order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something obvious and important.


  1. One bookish memory I love is how I discovered The Hobbit when I was waiting for the pasta water to boil. My mum had borrowed it from a friend, I was bored, I started reading it. The water overboiled (no clue if this is correct English) and I read like half the book under the bed covers that night.
  2. Waiting for the  4th Harry Potter book, then reading the whole thing in a day.
  3. Meeting Becca Fitzpatrick on a city trip to Dublin. My friend and me had no idea she'd be signing!
  4. Reading Hush Hush with my friend in our hotel room that night! We could read and then discuss stuff immediately, it was awesome :D
  5. Every time I 'disappear' into a book and forget where I am and have no idea how much time has passed when I 'resurface'.
  6. 2013 things I loved: reading Divergent and The Replacement. Sooo good!
  7. Discussing books and characters with my mum & sister because we all read the same stuff.
  8. Finishing the draft of my novel a year ago.
  9. Finding out that a series I love has more books to it, only they were never translated into German and thus I wasn't previously aware they existed! Happened with Holly Black's Tithe, for example. Glad I don't read German translations anymore...
  10. Reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Maybe I'll go back and edit this during the day. It's 2a.m. as I write this and I hurt all over because I was at a metalcore show tonight. Second row. Sooo worth it though ^^
Do you have any similar moments on your list? I'm curious what kind of book-related things you came up with :) 

First edit: Duh, I forgot something really obvious >.< Starting this blog and connecting with this amazing community! It's quite a bit more stressful than I thought but really worth it :) Also, every time an author favorits, retweets, or responds to one of my tweets makes me really really happy ^^

4 comments:

  1. COngrats on the draft and so glad you have lots of bookish memories.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish my mum read the same books as me. She is mostly rolling her eyes on my books xD But then again she likes Nora Roberts so we're equal :) You've got some amazing memories :) LOL yes I also met this awesome community :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read a book with someone while we were hanging out! That sounds so awesome! You can read a chapter and then discuss!! Cool moment!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you made me REALLY want to read The Hobbit. I knew the movie came out, but I always liked to read the book first, then watch the movie. I didn't have time to read the book though, so I also never saw the movie. Hopefully I'll get to read The Hobbit soon! (:
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete