Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday rewind: romances I think would last in the real world

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week the participants post their top ten to a specific topic.

This week's topic is a rewind, meaning we can choose an old one we missed. I picked my Top Ten romances I think would last in the real world. Sorry to those who saw it yesterday, for some reason I thought it was Tuesday already and was wondering why the linky wasn't up x_X


  1. Cat & Bones, from Jeaniene Frost's Nighthuntress novels
    What I love about Cat & Bones is that they work reall well as a team. It's usually them against hte world, and not some artificial drama about whether they can stay together.

  2. Kaylee & Tod, from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series
    Once these two found one another they just clicked. I can't imagine them apart anymore.

  3. Rose & Dimitri, from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series
    They kick ass and after all they've gone through I think they could overcome anything together.

  4. Adam & Mia from Gayle Forman's If I Stay / Where She Went
    Their personal journey of growth and how they went their separate ways to find each other again has brought them to a higher level. They both have their passions and careers and there's so much respect between them now.

  5. Rule & Shaw from Rule, by Jay Crownover
    They are such rich and wonderfully drawn characters! Once they finally saw one another for what they were... yeah, I can't imagine anyone coming between them anymore.

  6. Jamie & Claire from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series
    Epic journey together. No way they wouldn't last after all they've gone through and learned about one another.

  7. Anna & Cas from  Anna Dressed in Blood, by Kendare Blake
    In the real world, if Anna wasn't a ghost? Totally. Then again, her being a badass ghost was part of the reason why he felt attracted to her and fell for her. Hm...

This topic is actually surprisingly hard! So many couples, especially in YA, are forming sort of tentatively and there are always issues and the book sort follows them as they get together... I was going through my 'read' shelf and remembered so many of them as still sort of unstable. So here are three couples I think wouldn't last in the real world.

  1. Abby & Travis from Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire
    Don't hit me. But I think 2 years later they will be divorced or one of them will be dead. Or they'll have a kid and a terrible marriage. Their so-called love is a catastrophy waiting to happen...

  2. Luce & Daniel from Lauren Kate's Fallen series
    I haven't read Rapture yet but I'm still sort of hoping Luce will decide to finally leave Daniel and have a life of her own. I really liked Torment as a book because she begins to question things.

  3. Tris & Four, from Divergent by Veronica Ross
    At the end of book two... I'm not sure. I love them both as characters and as a couple, but do I think they would last in the real world? If there was no threat for them to conjointly fight against? After the things they've kept form each other? I'm just not sure.

So this is it... I'm not perectly comfortable with all my choices to be honest. What means 'in the real world' anyway? If one of them wasn't a vampire/angel/demon/whatever? Isn't that often part of the attraction in the first place? If anyone else has chosen this topic, I'd be very curious to see their answers. What do you guys think of my topic/choices? And what topic did you pick today? 

7 comments:

  1. I've read and agree with most of your WOULDs, but I seriously LOLed at your WOULDN'Ts. Didn't read #1, but I wholeheartedly agree with #2. That couple frustrates the hell out of me. I've read Rapture, so I won't comment on how that sitch ends, but I'll just say that it was probably my least favorite in the series, though that might also be because I listened to the audio and HATED the narrator. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones that WOULDN'T last were really interesting to me. I haven't read Divergent yet but have heard how amazing they are. Will be interesting to see if I think they would last or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are amazing and I love them as a couple, but at the end of book 2... I just don't know. I hope I'll be able to put them on the WOULD list after book 3!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read most of these books, so I don't know if I agree or not, but I think you touched on something that does help real-life relationships last -- going through hard times together. Crises bond people and help them be patient with each other even in tough times. So, yeah, good point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Romitri, I love that couple. I don't know many others but I agree that Tris and Four probably wouldn't make it.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that Kaylee and Tod are on the list! They are one of my all time favorite couples EVER!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete