Saturday, October 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Faking Awakenings at the Hotel Dumort

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


This week was ebooks only for me, which is good because I have too many print books as it is...

Bought

The Rise of the Hotel Dumort, by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson
The Truth about Faking, by Leigh T. Moore
The Selection, by Kiera Cass

The Selection is a book I've been looking at and debating whether or not to buy for about two years, so when the ebook was on sale I decided that's a sign. As for the Hotel Dumort, I really enjoy the Bane Chronicles books and I think they're getting better with each installment! Number 3 and 4 were my faves so far (Herondales, duh), let's see how I like the 5th one.

Freebie

The Awakening, by Christy Dorrity

This one was free on amazon on Friday, if you're lucky it still is.

That's it from me. I haven't had much time to read this week, and I think that's only going to get worse in the next few months. I have a lot of work in front of me with my master thesis (which I'm planning to write in half of the usually alotted time) and finsihing up my courses. But the master thesis means I'll get to read fantastic literature/sci-fi of the 1880s/90s as well as steampunk of the 1980s and today, because I'm doing kind of a comparison. So maybe you'll get reviews of books you don't usually see around, and that could be interesting ;)

What do you think of my haul? Have you read any of them? Also, link me up to your latest haul :)


11 comments:

  1. Nice selection. :)

    I really hope you enjoy The Selection. That was one of my favorites last year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the sound of The Truth about Faking.
    The Selection wasn't for me, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes RL can drag us down, but you got some really nice books. Remember Quality over Quantity.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good deciding to buy The Selection. Though it has its 'meh' moments, it's still a good book. And you need to meet Prince Maxon. I'm sure, you'll fall in love with his character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like The Selection. Personally, I liked it, but A TON of people hate that book's guts, so I look forward to seeing what you think! Here's my Stacking the Shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to start reading the Bane Chronicles. I'll probably just wait till they are all out. Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul. I have Awakening as well. I hope you enjoy Selection, I didn't too much.
    Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul. Happy reading :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Impossibly-Love-ebook/dp/B00G4GCLVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1382791213&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even ebooks make a great haul!!
    Check out my STS

    And while you're at my blog, be sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have way too many print books as well, don't know what it is about buying ebooks that makes me feel less guilty! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've debated The Selection for ever and ever. I don't really think I'll like it, but after the big kerfluffle over it when it came out, I'm still really curious about it. Great haul...hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete