Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: sequels I can't wait to get my hands on

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.


This week is about sequels we can't wait to get our hands on, and there are definitely more than enough of those >.<



Unhinged, by A.G. Howard (Splintered #2)
Need more Morpheus. He and Alyssa have unfinished business. I tried my best to get an ARC, but no luck. Two more months...

The Retribution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer #3)
Because the ending of book 2 was a mindfuck. Seriously. And then to find out it's been pushed back 9 months?! Ugh. I want Mara to bring down havoc and get her revenge.

Oblivion, by Kelly Creagh (Nevermore #3)
Probably one of my favorite serieses ever, so I'm sad to see it end... but I need more Varen and Isobel. Kelly Creagh's world is just so beautiful and creepy and dark. And that wonderful prose *sigh*



City of Heavenly Fire, by Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments #6)
I prefer The Infernal Devices to TMI, but I want to see how it all ends.

Hunting the Dark, by Karen Mahoney (Moth #2)
I really enjoyed Falling to Ash. Moth is a great character and I loved the support cast as well. There's no cover for this one yet, but you guys should check out Karen's writing anyway :) Oh, and if goodreads is to be trusted, this one will be out on my birthday ^^

Dreams of Gods & Monsters, by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3)
Laini Taylor is a magician with words. And of course I want to know how Karou and Akiva and Ziri forge their way onwards.



The Next Throne of Glass novel by Sarah J. Maas
Crown of Midnight was so, so good!! Seriously. I thought it was a trilogy and at the end I was like 'how is she going to wrap this up in just one more book?!' but then I saw that there are about six planned, so yay! No cover or description yet though.

Strange and Ever After, by Susan Dennard (Something Strange & Deadly #3)
I love the characters and the world! I own book 2 but haven't read it yet (need to get to that) but I know that once I finish, I'll crave the next one.

The Forever Song, by Julie Kagawa (Blood of Eden #3)
Because Allie is kickass and the ending of book 2 was just meeeeeaaan. Plus I want to see more of Kanin. Very intriguing character. Again, no cover, but at least there's a description.

The Lovely and the Lost, by Page Morgan (The Dispossessed #2)
Again, I want to go back to the world and learn more about gargoyles and all the rest that's going on. The writing was great as well. No description yet though *sigh*


What do you think of my picks, and what books made your own list?


7 comments:

  1. WOW this is the first time I've seen the cover to Strange and Ever After. It looks... WOW. o_o I still haven't gotten to reading the Mara Dyer series, it's been topping my MUST READ list since forever! Says much about my reading speed heh =P

    Just read City of Bones last month (OH MY GOT WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 24816358713 YEARS) because I need to read it before the movie. Now I'll have to get on with Books 2-5, and join in the hyped anticipation for City of Heavenly Fire! Many of my friends also agree that TID is better than TMI, but none of them will miss out on this "grand finale" that Cassandra Clare promises ;)

    AHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US, CASSANDRA!!!!!

    Hope you'll getting to reading all these awesome books soon!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unhinged! Need more Morpheus ASAP ;)
    And omg CoHF. I'm excited but so scared for that.
    I still need to start the Mara Dyer series, I've heard so much about it.
    Awesome list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh we share two of the same books this week. The Retribution of Mara Dyer and The Lovely and The Lost! I also look forward to Unhinged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great list! I finally got a copy of Nevermore, but I haven't started it yet. Hoping I love it as much as everyone else! :) A lot of these are on my TBR, too, but I didn't use most of the series finales on my list because I'm sad to see those series end. Not that I'm not excited about them...just sad to say goodbye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeep, so many NEEDED sequels here!! Ok, I'm just going to proceed following your existing order cause this is too exciting: I still need to read Splintered #1 but I am dying to! I don't know, for some reason sometimes the hype of a book passes you by somewhat but then the really good reviews just keep coming and it wins you over. And now seeing the cover for Unhinged just tempts me even more hehe!

    As much as I've gripped about The Mortal Instruments on some things, I was kind of addicted for a bit there so I need to know how it'll all end too! Dreams of Gods & Monsters though? OMG I need that book in my life, like NOW. I agree with your thoughts on Laini Taylor and her writing style. I just want to inhale DoG&M and then more than likely, I'll need to re-read the entire series in drown in feels ♥ And YES to the next Throne of Glass Novel(s)!! Ahhhh that series already has my heart too and just thinking about all the next books we have to looks forward to...well, this is me :D

    Oh and I'll definitely be checking out the Lovely and the Lost too - I loved the gargoyles and the setting!! Fabulous TTT hun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow The Strange and Ever After has such a beautiful cover, it's really stunning. Was so happy to finally get a copy of Splintered today, have heard so many wonderful things about it. Still need to read The Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it's currently sitting on my book shelf, silently judging me - at least it feels like it!

    Great list. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really need to start the Dennard and Morgan books! I've had the first books in both series forever but have never gotten around to them-this post is a good reminder I need to step it up. ;)

    I can't wait for RUIN AND RISING, myself. Along with about 1000 other titles, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete