Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Mime Order, by Samantha Shannon

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.



This week's pick

Release date: January 27, 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages

Goodreads description
Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal penal colony of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the fugitives are still missing and she is the most wanted person in London.

As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on Paige, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city’s gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take center stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner.

Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided. Will Paige know who to trust? The hunt for the dreamwalker is on.


I finally read The Bone Season about a week or so ago and it was soooo incredibly fantastic! I'm so glad the next book is out soon-ish :) I can't wait to see Paige and Warden's story continue, but I'm also a bit scared because I know that things won't be peachy for them.
Have you read The Bone Season? What are your thoughts on this sequel? And what book are you impatient for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. I caved and finally ordered The Bone Season last week, can't wait to read it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Great Pick! I haven't read the first one yet, but I hope to soon

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard fantastic things about The Bone Season. I might have to pick it up now that the second one is coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, *I* still need to read The Bone Season! >.< So yeah, I'm thrilled you loved that one so much and I NEED to catch up in time for The Mime Order :D Lovely pick Carmen, I hope you can get your hands on this one as soon as possible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting summary. I think I’ll check this out :)

    Here's mine:
    WOW: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

    ReplyDelete